The Manager, Analytics role plays a critical role in daily operations at Company. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to and is expected to assist/grow into areas of strategic knowledge that will be key to maintaining and advancing the company’s competitive advantage. They will be tightly integrated with the C-suite in daily operational execution and long-term strategic knowledge development.
- Maintain, optimize and innovate Underwriting Models used for pricing content
- Provide visibility, unearth insights, and develop early indicators into the performance of licensed content
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to further enhance Company’s understanding of content performance
- Interface with C-suite to understand analytical needs and deliver analyses/tools in response
- Partner with data engineers to ensure smooth, efficient, resilient, and agile knowledge delivery pipelines
- BS in a technical or math-oriented discipline
- 2 – 4 years of work experience in analytical/quantitative roles
- Expert level proficiency in Excel, particularly pivot tables, power pivots, data models
- T-SQL proficiency for ad-hoc analysis
- Experience with dashboarding tools, complex outputs in any of the following: Tableau/Power BI/Google Data Studio/Looker/AWS QuickSight
- Proficient in PowerPoint
Note: Due to the proliferation of similarly capable business products today, skills in equivalent products are acceptable
- High standardized test scores in the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc.
- Pedigreed academics
- Management Consulting/Investment Banking backgrounds
- Extreme and obsessive attention to detail
- Best-in-class analytical/critical/creative thinking skills
- Unshakable belief that discipline and process are the keys to successfully scaling an operation
- Innovative and flexible approach to collaboration and development
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environments with multiple projects and constantly changing priorities.
- Work independently/remotely with little oversight
- Forge relationships at all levels of the company