As one of the top 10 largest public homebuilding companies by market capitalization in the United States, our client combines the resources, operational sophistication, and leadership of a national organization with the regional insights, community ties, and agility of local homebuilders.
- The JDE E1 Application Manager partners with executives, managers and subject matter experts to develop and implement new software solutions, system enhancements and end-user computing tools that improve operational effectiveness.
- Responsible for overseeing the portfolio of the Company’s JDE E1 application, including financials, Procurement, Job Cost, Home Building, construction, and warranty management.
- This leader will identify and deliver solutions that maximize business value from IT investments.
- He/she is responsible for recruiting, developing, and leading a team of high performing technical resources to ensure that the Company has well managed IT capabilities.
- The ideal candidate is a professional who can be hands on to solve issues and coach others through the problem-solving process.
- Identify software solutions that optimize Company business operations.
- Manage a team of IT professionals plus large, cross-functional project teams.
- Develop, document and institutionalize project management standards across the IT organization.
- Partner with leaders to establish ownership of business applications and support for new initiatives.
- Mobilize functional, IT and external resources for highly effective deployment of new applications and system enhancements.
- Deliver projects and initiatives on scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Negotiate license and support agreements with external vendors to minimize operating costs.
- Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance, direction and training to the project team members as necessary.
- Partner with the infrastructure team and other IT team members to effectively address all hardware, database and software aspects of business solutions.
- Develop and deploy highly effective training programs, including classroom training, desk reference materials and quick reference guides.
- Partner with the infrastructure team to develop disaster recovery and business continuity plans for mission critical business applications. Regularly test disaster recovery and fail-over routines.
- Analyze emerging technologies and proactively assess the company’s operating requirements to ensure that business applications meet all current and forecasted business needs.
- Research, analyze and document alternatives to formulate compelling recommendations to senior management. Solutions will optimize the trade-offs between cost of ownership and service.
- Recruit, develop, nurture and guide a team of high performing business analysts. Create conditions for staff members to learn and grow through their work.
- Identify long and short-term opportunities to outsource functions that can be managed more effectively by third party experts vs. in-house resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading a large-scale software implementation projects and technology management, including leading teams of 10 or more people.
- Bachelors required in Computer Science or another related major. Masters degree is a plus.
- Hyphen construction scheduling, estimating and customer care solutions preferred.
- Envision designer solutions, Microsoft Teams, Share Point, Asana workflows and administration is a plus.
- PMP, ITIL or other relevant professional certification is a plus
- Experience in deploying and managing enterprise applications across a number of disciplines, including financials, job cost, construction management, procurement, and Home Building.
- Exceptional organizational skills and project management experience to include successful management of large-scale company-wide initiatives and implementations.
- Hands-on experience with Business Intelligence and database reporting tools, including Reports Now, Tableau etc.
- Home Building Construction industry experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – a skilled business professional who communicates effectively with all levels of end-users and management.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience and demonstrated ability with sound business decision making practices.
- Ability to work major projects and manage multiple priorities with minimum supervision is a must.
- The following skills/experiences are plusses:
- Implementation and management of applications
- Working knowledge of development and integration standards and utilities
- Agile development technologies and standards
- Working knowledge of JDE E1 9.2 solution