The Director/VP (commensurate with background), Data Science role is a greenfield opportunity to establish the impact of ML/AI in the future valuation of the company as it scales past the current point of inflexion and works towards moments of step growth events in the next few years.
The company has been very successful to-date at proving the business model at limited scale. The next step in the company’s evolution is to demonstrate this success at scale, ramping up operations 5x – 10x or more. To succeed, it is imperative that take Company’s understanding of content performance to the next level by utilizing ML/AI and applying those learnings to further refine Company’s Underwriting Models. Knowledge based on big data and developed using ML/AI will be the company’s strategic differentiator, offering up diverse new opportunities to further their first-mover advantage and consolidate our position as the industry leader.
- Utilize ML to develop, optimize and enhance:
- Time-series forecasting models for predicting content revenue
- Language/image processing models to categorize content
- Models to decipher complex relationships between different media assets
- New opportunities for expanding our business
- Translate analytical findings to actionable business inputs for the C-suite
- Partner with C-suite to develop ML roadmap
- MS/PhD in statistics or math-oriented discipline
- 5 – 10 years of work experience in progressively senior analytical/quantitative roles
- Expert in Python, R or equivalent
- Expert in SQL
- Experienced in exploratory data analysis (EDA) of very large data sets
- Pedigreed academics
- Experience in digital advertising verticals
- Extreme and obsessive attention to detail
- Best-in-class analytical/critical/creative thinking skills
- Innovative and flexible approach to collaboration and development
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environments with multiple projects and constantly changing priorities.
- Work independently/remotely with little oversight
- Forge relationships at all levels of the company