The IT Infrastructure Director is responsible for leadership and oversight of the cloud migration, Network Operations, Information Security and Technical Support areas within Company’s IT department. This role is responsible for defining the short- and long-term Cloud and infrastructure strategy for the business and leading a team to execute to the defined strategy. This role will provide critical leadership to help deliver solutions as scale using Cloud and advance infrastructure tools and solutions. This role requires strategic planning, management of projects and staff, and driving performance to meet departmental goals
- Guiding the team with strategic direction of the infrastructure cloud migration, Network Operations and Support teams to provide secure, reliable, scalable, cost-efficient
- Define overall architecture standards and direction for the Company and align cloud architecture and standards with existing enterprise architecture infrastructure and responsive, customer-friendly technical support
- Devise migration plans to effectively use compute, storage and other infrastructure related services across our public, private and DR clouds/datacenters
- Facilitate the elimination of legacy data centers and migrate to future ready cloud infrastructure
- Guide the development and execution of procedures, policies and related training plans for project management and infrastructure administration.
- Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Infrastructure/Network Operations and Support teams, in cooperation with the manager of each team
- Contribute to Information Security projects and activities, including patching, incident responseand risk management, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including firewalls, routers, switches, and WAN performance and monitoring.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including firewalls, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Design, implement, and support firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and remote-access VPNs.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Managing our voice over IP (VoIP) systems. (Softphones)
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Vendor Management – Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Setting goals and metrics to monitor and improve performance and meet Support SLAs
- Assist in developing documentation, standards, policies and procedures
- Serve as a technical resource to direct and indirect reports
- Manage vendor relationships and purchasing
- Other job duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalentand/or combination of technical school education, training, certifications and experience
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in information technology, including at least 8 years in IT Infrastructure, Service desk; experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Possess advanced technical depth and knowledge of cloud, database, integrations, network, compute and storage
- Understands and operates at an enterprise-wide level; aligns priorities with broader goals, measures outcomes – metrics driven, uses feedback to change as needed, evaluates alternatives, solutions oriented, seeks alternatives and broad input; can see connections within complex issues
- Strong ability to influence and guide executive-level managers and reconcile, integrate competing interests
- Must be able to elevate the way we run the business and demonstrate transformational business change that positively impacts our business & customers
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional, transformational changes that impact multiple functions while making the right business tradeoffs
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Proven ability to communicate a technical solution in a way that is easy to understand
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, meet deadlines, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Leadership and team management skills