As one of the top 10 largest public homebuilding companies by market capitalization in the United States, our client combines the resources, operational sophistication, and leadership of a national organization with the regional insights, community ties, and agility of local homebuilders.
- The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) provides enterprise-wide support for Company’s JD Edwards application for the Finance, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Job Cost modules.
- The BSA is the first line of support for end-users and the company’s foremost expert on JDE Finance/Accounting functionality and associated business processes.
- Partners with IT Systems Analysts on the resolution of system issues, development of ad hoc reports, evaluation of enhancement requests and identification of solution options in JD Edwards.
- Works closely with business process owners, subject matter experts (SME’s), IT resources and third-party consultants to resolve issues and meet ongoing business needs.
- The Finance/Accounting BSA is responsible for ensuring consistent standards for project management are applied across the organization.
- Acts as a business partner to job site and Business Unit operations staff and provides the support and education necessary to ensure timely and accurate job cost actuals, estimate at completion and revenue recognition.
- Leads process design reviews with business owners and SME’s to develop solutions that improve operating efficiencies and optimize the use of JD Edwards.
- Prepares functional specs for any custom development and tests and approves system changes for his/her functional area.
- Also responsible for maintaining and developing new educational materials and providing end-user training for the JD Edwards software and associated business process.
- Build the capabilities of end-users to Finance, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Job Cost functions in the JD Edwards system in an efficient, accurate and rigorous manner. Develop reference materials and provide training that establishes the required initial user acumen and can be leveraged for ongoing educational needs.
- Provide end-user support as the escalation point for “Tier 2” help request. Prioritize and resolve system issues. Partner with business process owners to identify and prioritize future enhancement requests.
- Work collaboratively with job site, Accounting, Operations and other business partners to gather requirements and design business processes and operational reports in support of the Finance, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Job Cost modules.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes leveraging the JD Edwards software. Implement processes that are accurate, streamlined, and well documented with an emphasis on delivering timely and accurate Job Cost results.
- Develop ad hoc and custom reports using ReportsNow, FRW, and other JD Edwards report development tools. Deliver reports that help optimize business performance, support internal controls and codify high leverage performance metrics.
- Partner with other IT and Functional Business Systems Analysts on the integration of Accounting with other modules, including Job Cost, Procurement, and Home Building.
- Build the capabilities of end-users to access and use the data in a rigorous manner that is foundational to sound decision-making and ongoing reporting accuracy.
- Document key internal controls related to JD Edwards for SOX compliance. Partner with business process owners to identify, document and operationalize any required compensating controls in support of the JD Edwards system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Accounting, Project Job Cost or IT for a Fortune 1000 caliber company.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or information management is required, other advanced degrees or credentials are preferred.
- Hands on experience with at least one JD Edwards system conversion for the Finance and Accounting module.
- Strong working knowledge of JD Edwards 9. Finance, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Job Cost, and other modules required.
- Proven track record of leveraging information systems to drive process improvements.
- Strong disposition for customer service supported by excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with documenting functional requirements and design specifications for systems enhancements.
- Experience in partnering with external auditors on the establishment and review of internal controls for a publicly traded company.
- Familiarity with Accounting and Job Cost practices for the construction industry, including WIP accounting, revenue recognition and contract billing.
- Committed to continuous process improvement – identifies improvement opportunities, makes recommendations, and drives implementation of solutions.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high energy environment.
- Proven analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in standard business software, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills in report development, business intelligence tools and application software preferred.
- Passionate about business being done right – results are timely and accurate.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment with project team peers, leadership and end-users.
- Effective at influencing leadership to make merit-based decisions that enable positive change.