Location : Cerritos, CA
This position is responsible for supporting Business Development/Sales functions, customer service, approving equipment installation, acting as liaison between commercial and technical teams, researching new market opportunities, and other tasks as identified. The job may require occasional travel both domestically and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a sufficient understanding of Sapphire’s technologies and products.
- Evaluate and approve customer installation designs.
- Conduct complete electrical system analysis, including grid connections, PLC architecture, and remote system monitoring.
- Create, review and edit product manuals, specification sheets and internal technical procedures.
- Internally communicate product improvement feedback and product market trends.
- Continuously monitor and share information on competitors to ensure Sapphire’s offering maintains its competitive position.
- Provide technical support to the sales team during customer webinars, conference calls and in person visits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of application engineering and/or customer service experience
- Able to dig deep and ask the right questions to understand and categorize the true needs and wants of customers
- Capable of conceptualizing and articulating problem statements and solutions internally and externally
- Able to identify the value of our technology for the customer’s process/equipment
- Experience in grid connect, PLC system controls, and/or remote system monitoring
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and pursue opportunities
- Engineering degree – Electrical, or another engineering degree with relevant electrical experience
- Self-driven and goal-driven
- Persuasive and persistent
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Proven track record with cross-cultural engagement
Nice to Have
- Experience with application engineering or customer service in a turbomachinery or clean company
- Experience with application engineering or customer service on the electrical side of a power generation company.
- Aptitude to learn technology from an application perspective
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company where the efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful
- Experience with Solidworks or other design/drafting systems
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.