Location : Kansas City, KS
What will you do?
Position reports to the General Manager and serves the manufacturing plant location by directing the design, development and construction of plant facilities and equipment and improve existing equipment to meet the company’s long-range growth objectives and provide optimum return on investment. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the planning, developing and implementing of engineering projects per the annual approved capital plan. Position requires the management of a small team of technical resources. The position is a working management position, active contribution to the project design / installation is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Experience with control systems design / implementation a must. Allen Bradley products preferred.
- Diverse experience on multiple projects with operational or conceptual integration or coordination of activities.
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing large-scale projects in a manufacturing environment. Experience in heavy industry preferred.
- Advanced technical or specialized skills with proficiency attained through wide experience utilizing engineering theory and principles.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Prior professional supervisory and/or leadership experience.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment, tools, tooling and procedures to reduce downtime of plant equipment and robotics cells, improve efficiencies and maximize yields while minimizing capital investment costs.
- Justify and implement improvement actions including but not limited to equipment improvement, personnel, training, and standardization.
- Support planning and cost estimates for annual and long-term capital budgets.
- Research, plan and prepare proposals for equipment and machinery acquisitions and modifications that reduce downtime, increase yields and efficiencies, and allow for more efficient utilization and adherence to Company standards for safety and quality.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering management to review, develop and implement innovative changes, actions and decisions that will reduce cost, improve efficiencies and/or provide a safer work environment.
- Ensure and facilitate that new equipment and related activities and work are defined and documented in compliance with standards including OSHA and the EPA.
- Drive and implement continuous safety improvement activities, related but not limited to equipment breakdowns and repairs.
- Supervise contractors, ensuring performance of all duties in accordance with all regulations and company standards.
Evaluation Areas: Prospective candidates will be evaluated on adaptability, coaching, motivational fit, planning and organizing, gaining commitment, initiative, contributing to team success, quality orientation, safety awareness, communications and technical strength and experience.