Location : Akron, OH
General Functions and Scope
The Business Systems Specialist drives technical solutions that enable Company employees to provide the best products and services to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure proper configuration, administration, maintenance, testing, security, reliability and documentation of:
- Business Systems Expertise: Work with respective Process Leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze and document business processes and workflow. Translate business needs into customization (configuration) or modification (development) requirements for business systems vendors (ERP, CRM, CPM, PLM, TMS, etc.), formalize costs and get approvals from department leaders, recording costs against budgets.
- Business Systems Process Optimization: Work with Business Systems software vendors to establish regular user training and adoption of new business systems and new business processes. Maximize consistency of business processes across all divisions, departments and subsidiaries, while ensuring local compliance requirements are meet, including data reporting needs.
- Business Systems Enhancement Administration: Work with Business Systems software vendor to ensure effective design, QA testing and UA testing of patches and enhancements before they are released “LIVE”. Troubleshoot and report problems to Business Systems vendors and assure timely resolution.
- Business Systems Data Integrations: Facilitate rapid setup of data integrations (EDI, XML, CSV, API) between Customers, Suppliers and 3PLs by coordinating with the appropriate IT vendors. Work with Business Systems vendors and IT data integration vendors to minimize Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) related chargebacks.
- Business Systems Security: Make certain that assigned business systems permissions (ERP, CRM, etc.) are appropriate to ensure best practices, regulatory requirements and minimize issues.
- Business Systems Support: Ensure efficient and timely support for end-users in ERP, CRM and other related business systems, across multiple sites, on-prem and remote with emphasis on root-cause determination. Work with Business Systems vendors to properly escalate and resolve issues.
- Accomplishes IT and organization mission by completing projects and tasks as assigned
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple deadlines and respond to demands with diplomacy and tact, informing requesters when deadlines need adjustment, while being diligent, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Provides IT reference materials and user training by documents, presentations, diagrams/flow charts, or video
- Document problems by conferring with employees, while also evaluating procedures, processes, and translating user requirements into specifications
- Perform changes and validate results through detailed testing and user feedback
- Maps and documents interfaces between legacy and new systems
- Works closely with colleagues to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Manage user requests, ensuring operation by training personnel and providing support
- Remains “on-call” during off-peak hours in case of rare business-critical issues
- Keeps current with Technology, by reading professional publications, following channels, industry news, trends and updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in I.T. or related field preferred or combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years prior job experience in related role
- Strong knowledge of SAGE X3 ERP and related technologies required
- Strong knowledge of Business Processes across departments required (Accounting, Sales, Supply Chain, Distribution, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of database structure, queries and report creation, as required to support SAGE X3
- Basic knowledge of Azure Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Server, Virtualization and Network Infrastructure a plus, but not required
- Strong history of solving complex business problems, while providing clear documentation
- Knowledge/use of various IT administration and security tools, a plus but not required
- SharePoint, Crystal Reports, PowerApps, Power BI, Flow knowledge a plus, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees and write routine correspondence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedures
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure—using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to interpret graphs
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to use database, Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and lift/move 50 pounds occasionally
Occasional business travel to other R.D. Abbott sites is required