Location : King City, CA
Seeking an experienced operations manager to provide hands on leadership to a growing team, and management of day-to-day production in Web, Sheetfed and Digital print environments.
Reports to ownership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboration with production planner and supervisors to develop daily schedules of team members and production assets
- Monitoring and reporting on production statuses
- Lead daily production meeting
- Supervise procurement of raw materials (plates, ink and paper)
- Maintain presence in all areas of production.
- Own resolution of issues that impact production, such as maintenance, repair and upgrades to equipment.
- Ensure best cost effective use of equipment
- Supervise logistics and company fleet and third party logistics providers
- Implement and enforce company policies and procedures uniformly and fairly
- Manage performance of employees by providing coaching, constructive feedback, and identifying training and development opportunities
- Supervise hiring of new employees
- Utilizes existing quality management systems, create new ones, ensure consistent use
- Ensure production meets standards with the specified level of quality, while achieving daily production goals and deadlines.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and comply with OSHA regulations
- Supervise safety training and collaborate with HR to address all incident/accident/near miss incidents
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and workstations are in good working order and free of safety hazards
- Ensure all work-related injuries, illnesses, and/or near misses are immediately reported to management
- Provide thorough training to employees including but not limited to new hires, transfers, and newly promoted employees
Qualifications and Skills
- Substantial experience mentoring, supervising, motivating and leading employees, preferably in a print manufacturing environment, or similar “job shop” production environment
- Mechanically inclined with a willingness to get dirty to solve problems
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel. Willingness to learn new software
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and communicate effectively with all employees
- Strong Communicator – able to motivate a multi-skilled team in a constantly changing environment
- Promote a positive working environment with adequate safeguards for health and safety
- Must be on site every workday. This is not a remote position
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends when necessary
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Able to read & interpret instructions, identify problems/missing information and address them proactively
- Detail oriented and organized, able to evaluate projects & provide input on productivity & quality improvements
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- 30-60% of time standing and walking
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Working near running machinery