Location : Hollywood, CA
The Production Designer – Eyewear position is responsible for designing production layouts and processes for eyewear that increase productivity, eliminate wastefulness and reduce costs while maintaining quality standards. They will ensure the Company’s eyewear products meet established quality standards and reduce inefficiency. They will analyze operations and design workflows and production processes to reduce loss along the way while still meeting customer needs.
- Create complex, organic shaped 3D part and assembly models using Rhino 7 for consumer goods
- Create production drawings and documents with tolerances, instructions, and production process information.
- Design tooling, fixtures, and technical documents to drive manufacturing and QC
- Become a key member of the team that develops new manufacturing processes and methods and upgrades existing production lines
- Apply knowledge of assembly tolerances to moving part design
- Develop knowledge of material properties for metals, plastics, wood, tool steel, aluminum, and 3D printed materials to evaluate and engineer products and tooling
- Learn existing manufacturing processes and implement lessons learned into future products
- Communicate concepts visually and verbally
- Understanding of the rapid prototype CNC manufacturing process a plus
- Research and utilize current and historical design trends within the company
- Properly interface with the data management system
- Measure physical parts and compare them to the 3D model. Generate reports on deviations and participate in a team environment to correct issues and make process improvements
- High School diploma or GED required. College degree in specific area of interest to include industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or similar related field is a plus
- 3+ years 3D modeling experience in an industrial environment
- Rhino 7 or similar 3D modeling software a plus. We are willing to train in this area
- Industrial product or tooling design experience
- Experience with CNC machining processes, software and tools a plus
- Design for manufacturability and aesthetics
- Ability to multi-task within a team effectively with attention to product and manufacturing process details and schedule
- Ability to develop manufacturing documents: BOM, assembly drawings, costing and basic schedules
- Ability to conceptualize and develop ideas through group brainstorming sessions
- Excellent organizational skills
- 3D printer experience a plus
- Must be able to work well with others and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think independently and problem solve. Proven ability to work independently with limited direction and highly motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills
This position is a direct report to the Director of Eyewear Development & Production.
Travel is not expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.