Location : Cerritos, CA
The Project Engineer mission is to be a champion for prospective clients. Company needs to provide an integrated, timely response across the many functional departments Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Prototyping, Production Operations & Quality. The Company’s industry leading turnaround needs to be maintained by ensuring that there are no delays in the concurrent activities across these departments. The Project Engineer owns this responsibility and needs to drive and report progress to senior management and the sales and marketing teams weekly. The ability to multi-task is an essential skill in this role as there will almost always be multiple opportunities in development simultaneously.
The Project Engineer will be expected to identify weak points in Company processes and departments and make continuous improvement recommendations
Responsible for managing projects from conception to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. You will work with a team of engineers and will coordinate with various departments within the company to ensure project success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Voice of the customer orientation and advocacy within Engineering and other departments using the project reviews as a platform.
- Stepping in to support team members with needed insights and information to help them succeed with their part of the process.
- Establish and sustain project tracking models and integrate with existing organization systems including but not limited to Abas (ERP system), Monday.com. Collaborate to select new tracking methodologies if needed.
- Upon initiation of new projects, define project scope, objectives, participants and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders. Hold kick-off meetings to set the tone and expectations.
- Work backwards from customer required due dates to develop critical path timelines that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Take corrective action to put projects back on track when un-controlled delays occur.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including design, manufacturing, and quality assurance, to have projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Report on projects at the weekly executive team meeting. Publish reports and include critical next steps for the week ahead to stakeholders, and senior management by end of day each Friday
- Establish and ensure compliance with project management processes, tools, and standards. Document the same in approved business process documentation as part of the preparation for ISO certification.
- Support the transition from prototypes to trial orders to production runs by documenting and sharing lessons learned during the development cycle.
- Provide technical guidance and support to project team members in regard to certification requirements required for each project
- Responsible for obtaining required certifications required per project. Examples: UL, ETL, CSA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Seeking an individual that is going to be very excited to be able to deploy the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Education and Experience
- At least five years’ experience in project management, preferably in a manufacturing environment where sheet metal, electronic components and software become an integrated system.
- Experience working in a company where design features are considered an important competitive advantage.
- Strong leadership and communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to create across-the-organization enthusiasm, teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking success in a company committed to a fast-paced go-to-market competitive strategy.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills including a strong, confident presence when dealing with the inevitable challenges of a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Familiarity with QMS and the
- Read, write, and speak fluent English
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Able to communicate persuasively, and clearly communicate highly technical issues to non-technical audiences across all levels within the company
- Able to effectively discern business priorities and business/customer needs, translate these into technical requirements, and effectively communicate these requirements to Design Engineers
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, and common fractions
- Able to compute discounts, interest, rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Able to discern key drivers and priorities of development projects
- Solidworks, PDM & Draftsight
- Project Management Software
- Microsoft Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Chrome
- Abas or other ERP system
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license, with no major violations on driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat or cold, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud .
This is a fully on-site position in the Company facility.
This position requires occasional local and domestic travel.