PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Service Escalations Engineer is responsible for professional and timely resolution of alerts generated from system managed devices as well as management of customer backup operations. The complexity of alerts will range from simple to complex based on the specific client environment. The systems managed devices range from enterprise storage arrays to local area networking equipment as well as virtualized and physical servers.This is a paragraph
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE
- The primary responsibility of the Service Escalations Engineer is to resolve systems generated alerts and monitoring of customer backup environments. Additionally, the Service Escalations Engineer will work as an escalation point of the help desk team and take regular calls as needed during high volume periods.
- Ensure a high level of responsiveness, communication, professionalism, and technical knowledge. Continually striving to improve Company client experience, perception, and overall satisfaction.
- Continuous development of both technical support and customer service skill set based on the direction of immediate supervisor.
- Reviewing, remediating, and escalating server and network devices monitoring events generated by monitoring tools.
- Performing regular maintenance tasks on managed devices to include firmware updates and patching of operating systems as directed by management.
- Perform network and systems administration tasks as directed by management following all in place change control procedures.
- Manage and maintain customer backup environments by performing periodic reviews of the systems and trial restores as needed to validate the backup systems; this includes customer-owned backup systems as well as the Company Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery service.
- General understanding of each managed service’s client computing environment as well as the ability to quickly troubleshoot issues as they present themselves.
- Setup, configuration, and ongoing management of Company RMM tool(s) to include the deployment of toolset into customer environments during the onboarding process.
- Identify and resolve the root cause of outages caused by failures of client devices; craft complete post-mortems of the events to be presented to customers as needed.
- Coordinate with internal resources as well as third party services providers to resolve issues as needed; leverage third-party providers to perform mundane work when appropriate.
- Continuously monitor service tickets that are assigned by automated systems and/or management.
- Exercise sound judgment while solving technical issues presented by managed services clients. To include protection of Company clients’ employees’ data during the troubleshooting process.
- Manage work and time as service tickets in the ConnectWise system; prompt and accurate time entry in the systems to ensure accurate client billing as well as contract profitability.
- Maintain system documentation as needed to support clients; continuously review documentation to ensure it is relevant to current client support requirements.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Seven years of hands-on experience administering either a Microsoft and/or VMware computing environment with the recent support of Microsoft Offce365 and/or Azure deployments.
- Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and/or Equivalent Certifications.
- Experience and knowledge around Firewalls specifically Palo Alto and their products
- Proven and demonstrable experience deploying and maintain VEEAM backup environments.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off-hours as necessary to meet the Company’s needs.
- Excellent organizational skills; enthusiasm for multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to demonstrate, active listening, and customer care.