The candidate will be responsible for development, support, and maintenance of reports in SSRS and Power BI (in an enterprise environment). The role may also require monitoring/running of data load jobs, and automated tasks.
Our ideal person for this role has a proven track record of creating valuable reports, datasets, and visualizations. They should be able to start with requirements gathering and end with a finished documented report.
Summary of Requirements
- Ability to meet with stakeholders to gather requirements
- Ability to make recommend efficient solutions based on requirements
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Proven expertise in writing efficient SQL code for complex queries
- Proven experience developing SSRS reports and Power BI workbooks
- Familiar with data manipulation, cleansing techniques, and data type compatibilities
- Able to troubleshoot error messages and system issues
- Work with various departments to understand and document reporting needs
- Define and document proposed solutions for review with BI team
- Make Progress on assigned tasks and communicate any roadblocks
- Write queries to extract information from database, for use in reports
- Create views and stored procedures as needed
- Document reports and other data objects in Confluence
- Maintain organized and up-to-date JIRA work environment
- Help users with reporting related issues and questions
- Troubleshoot report / data access issues