Deploys and supports hardware, network and telecommunications projects for the organization. Provides support for routers, switches, firewalls, VPN’s and IP telephony, systems, servers, and other infrastructure equipment (hardware). Develops and implements and supports network security policies, and safeguards. Ensures the IT infrastructure supports the development of the business and structural changes by assessing future needs and proposing changes and enhancements where necessary. Network Administration roles should be assigned to this job family.
- BS Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer, Computer/Systems Specialist, or equivalent occupation.
- Will accept any suitable, substantially equivalent combination of education, training and experience, e.g., five years of qualifying experience in lieu of a degree
Abilities / Technologies
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Technologies, including Active Directory, Azure, and Office 365
- Strong VMware virtualization technologies
- Understanding of services such as DNS, DHCP, PKI, VPN, Group Policy, NTP, SAN, backup and recovery, PowerShell, etc.
- Understanding of Network technologies, including application layer Firewalls, routing, content filtering, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Colo and cloud datacenter management
- Demonstrated experience with large projects including implementations and migrations is a plus
- AWS and/or Citrix experience & knowledge is a plus