Global leader in the exciting field of machine vision and ID. With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, they are a financially strong global company.
- The Logistics division is the fastest business segment within the Company and is fueled by the rapid growth in worldwide online shopping and e-commerce.
- The Logistics Products Solutions Engineering Team develops products and solutions to automate retail distribution centers and airport baggage handling systems.
- Company is searching for a Senior Project Solutions Engineer to support Logistics Sales focusing on large and strategic opportunities.
- The Project Solutions Engineer is responsible for developing technical solutions on incoming proposal requests for logistics tunnels and large project opportunities
- Interface with Logistics Sales and Customers to understand technical requirements and design cutting edge solutions to consistently deliver best in class read rates. Often this involves high speed conveyors, CAD designs, variety of communications protocols and other complexities
- This team is tasked with delivering full proposals that best fit the customers’ application requirements in both technical feasibility and solution cost, while ensuring Company profitability
- Develop solutions for Logistics barcode scanning applications, by selecting the best product for meeting the customer’s needs, while also meeting the budget
- Travel onsite as needed to gather more information to ensure design accuracy
- As the Logistics Application Expert, provide technical guidance to the Logistics Sales team on assigned projects or accounts
- Develop technical and commercial proposals on assigned projects or accounts that differentiate the Company, win the business, and deliver the expected growth and profitability
- Support project execution which includes transitioning awarded projects to Project Manager and interfacing with the mechanical design and field service engineers during project installation and commissioning
- Conduct demonstrations, presentations, technical evaluations as required. Support promotional seminars and trade shows. Help the company scale the business efficiently and profitably. Projects may include software design, database architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, business intelligence projects and others as the needs of the business develop
- Gather, consolidate and disseminate competitive information gathered during the pursuit process. Communicate unmet market needs, competitor product/service analysis, and logistics market trends to the Logistics Business Management team
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Logistics Engineers
- Promote the Company “Work hard, Play hard, Move fast” culture
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Machine Vision Applications Engineering
- Lighting and optics
- Structured programming fundamentals
- Ability to organize information, analyze it and apply effective problem-solving skills into technical proposals
- Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders
- Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive customer issues
- Effectively manage assigned project personnel during project life cycle
- Ability to understand the sales cycle and positively impact sales opportunities
- High competence with MS office products specifically with Excel
- Able to travel 50% of the time
Minimum education and work experience required
- Experience in machine vision and industrial process automation is preferred
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years’ experience in technical application development in industrial automation
- Must have a strong systems’ background