This is a sales role for a defined set of key accounts and/or global accounts. This position is responsible for the field sales of the Company’s Solutions. The Global Account Sales Engineer leads sales activities nationally or globally by coordinating sales efforts with local account teams and Company Business Units to ensure that the Company wins. The employee will be responsible for exceeding a defined quota at these assigned or newly found accounts and expanding our base of business at these accounts.
- Drive the global specification to include Company products and solutions
- Coordinate global activity and sales with the local (territorial) sales team and management as well as travel as necessary to customer locations (both domestically and internationally)
- Conduct product and solution demonstrations at customer sites, tradeshows, and other sales related activities.
- Follow up on customer inquiries, understand system requirements, and differentiate the Company’s solution.
- Effectively demonstrate products to customers and utilize proven sales processes
- Develop excellent relationships with the decision makers at the defined Accounts to gain both mindshare and market share
- Properly forecast and close opportunities within the named and new strategic accounts
- Collaborate with the business unit to create features and functionality required to win global specifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record of sales performance in the automation industry with large key, strategic, or global accounts in a solutions sales environment
- Advanced level of proficiency in utilizing defined sales process to deliver desired results for complex national or global accounts
- Ability to work independently with the ability to travel is necessary
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications
Minimum education and work experience required
- Technical Degree is preferred but equivalent experience will be considered
- Proven sales experience in a technical environment with a good track record for exceeding sales targets within key, strategic, or global accounts
- Experience in selling technical products to high levels of management within accounts